Ink-Gard™ Cleaning Instructions
Ink-Gard™ has a state or the art, stain resistant, durable finish. Common stains can be wiped off easily. Many difficult stains, including ink can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol.
Remove ordinary dirt, dust, smudges, and most spills by simply wiping with a damp cloth.
Use method 1, if stains remain, use method 2.
Method 1: Use one of the following cleaners with a soft cloth or damp sponge. Rinse area with fresh water then dry with a clean, lint-free cloth.
• Formula 409® All-Purpose Spray Cleaner
• Fantastik® Spray Cleaner
Method 2: Use a solvent-type cleaner, such as rubbing alcohol
(isopropyl alcohol). Rinse cleaned area with fresh water then dry with
a clean, lint-free cloth.
Ink removal instructions
Most ballpoint inks can be removed from INK-GARD™ material with the use of a mild solvent-type cleaner such as rubbing alcohol. Removal of the ink must be achieved within 24 hours for best results. If ink stain persists, the stain has set and probably cannot be removed. Rinse cleaned area with fresh water then dry with clean, lint-free cloth.
Enviroleather™ Cleaning Instructions
EnviroLeather™ has a superior, stain resistant, durable finish. It is designed for easy care and cleaning. The high-tech polymer finish also provides excellent chemical resistance.
Ordinary Stains - Remove ordinary dirt, dust, smudges, and most spills by simply wiping with a damp cloth.
Water Soluble Stains - For water soluble stains such as coffee, mustard, juice, wine, etc., remove with soap and water.
Stubborn Stains - For more stubborn stains such as ink, grease, shoe polish, etc., try to remove with rubbing alcohol. (See Procedure Below)
Disinfect - Disinfect with 20 percent bleach solution.
Cleaning Code - S/W
Ballpoint Pen Ink Removal Instructions In general, ball point pen ink stains are difficult to remove. The sooner the ink is cleaned the better the chance for success. Ink compositions vary and not all ink stains can be removed.
- Wet a portion of a soft white cloth with a blend of 50% rubbing alcohol and 50% Wisk detergent. Another option is a mixture of rubbing alcohol and baking soda.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the ink stain and blot up the stain. Do not rub. Blot up all of the cleaning solution and repeat step 2 several times either blotting the stain or gently rubbing in a circular motion. Do not rub vigorously.
- Apply a small amount of the cleaning solution with a soft bristle toothbrush and gently brush in a circular motion. As the ink loosens up blot up the stain with a dry cloth. Repeat this step three times, using small amounts of cleaning solution each time.
- Extract the cleaning solution with a damp cloth several times to remove the cleaning solution (and the blue Wisk color).
- Allow to dry. Check for residual soap and repeat step 4 if necessary.