Shipping & Receiving Inspector
Apply for an exciting opportunity with LDI Solutions, a rapidly growing company, that develops innovative solutions to protect the environment and human health.
Based in Rochester, NH, LDI Solutions has a goal to create an employee atmosphere of ownership and camaraderie around a common cause of improving how work gets done, with an emphasis on protecting the environment and human health. We are using material science, chemistry, engineering, and innovation to grow and create jobs for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, customer-oriented mentality, and thirst to continuously improve.
Through LDI Interiors, we focus on developing durable upholstery that contributes to healthier commercial interiors. Through LDI Medical, we focus on developing innovative medical products to contribute to a safer, higher quality level of care throughout healthcare and deathcare.
We are looking for a Shipping & Receiving Inspector to visually inspect materials for defects, and to pick, pack and ship customer orders for the company. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit, customer-oriented mentality, and thirst to continuously improve.
- Textile inspection – Operating inspection machine to ensure material being shipped to customers meets visual quality standards.
- Picking rolls from warehouse bin locations for inspection
- Packing customer orders and returning unused material to bin locations in the warehouse
- Documenting movement of inventory in our warehouse management system
- Assist with receiving incoming shipments, including physically unloading containers
- Use various shipping software such as Worldship and Ship Manager.
- Perform physical inventory to ensure accurate material count
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner
- Demonstrate sense of urgency to complete projects to deadlines, while maintaining good quality
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements
- Create and write reports
- Initiate process improvements
- High attention to detail
- Previous inspection or quality control experience is desired
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Good math and computer skills (Word & Excel)
- Willingness to take direction and work within a group towards team goals
- Able to follow written instructions
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with shipping and inventory software is a plus
- Prior experience with a forklift is a plus
Pay & Benefits:
- Salary – Depends upon experience
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation and holiday
- Retirement plan
- Health insurance plan
Job Type: Full-time